Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I am going to try---

There are many many craft blogs out there, and I must admit, I am almost addicted to Pinterest.  But, as many others have found, completing those crafts and recipes as perfectly as the pictures suggest can be daunting.   I often hear "It doesn't have to be Pinterest perfect", so why even show it in a fashion that no one can achieve?  Didn't we already go through that with Martha?

With the world crumbling around us, do we really need to actually see that we are flawed to confirm what we are thinking?

I would LOVE to be the voice of reason.  I am not interested in making anyone else feel bad either.  I dont think any attempt at a task is a "fail."  And even though those can be funny, doing a "fail":to prove someone wrong is just as bad, IMHO, as doing something just to get a "fail."

I would like to post the real attempts, as I go through life.  I craft to escape the crap that occurs in my life.  It gives me a place to go, and something that produces something that may be a fail, may be pretty to me and not to someone else, or may turn out perfectly.  Just hoping that maybe it will help someone else as I attempt to heal my soul from some of the pain I endure on a daily basis, imagined and/or real.

Lets give ourselves a break, it doesnt have to be perfect.  And here is what I did along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment